Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Being a Working Mom

So yesterday I finished my first full work week since last October. I used to love working. It gave me purpose, got me out of the house, and allowed me to contribute to our bank account. Now, though? Working still gets me out of the house and allows me to contribute to our family's funds (albeit not nearly as much as it used to when you factor in daycare costs), but I feel like it takes away from my purpose. My son's growth and development, health, and well-being are all I can focus on and it's beyond frustrating to feel as if I'm being taken away from that.

He has finally started accepting bottles, though, and I know he likes his daycare provider. I'm no longer having breakdowns (at least not most days!). We are adjusting like everyone said that we would. Now, dinner and laundry?? I'm way behind. I just can't bring myself to use my hour and a half of baby time to cook. I guess I need to figure that part out. I'm really looking forward to the time that training is over and I can go to part time hours...that means an extra 2 hours each day with my munchkin.

For now, I'm off to enjoy my 3-day weekend. Not sure what the plan is, but you can bet I'll be spending lots of time cuddling and playing with this guy (who is 4 months old now, by the way!):


Do you have plans for the holiday weekend?? 

2 comments:

  1. One of my co-workers makes casseroles and crockpots on the weekends so when she gets home from work she can pop it in the oven and have more time with her baby! Maybe an idea?

    I can't believe you have a little boy! He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Cara! I love reading about your little family :)

    ReplyDelete